MTG 1x Mishra’s Workshop (Antiquities) HEAVY Play (perhaps damaged)

MTG-1x-Mishra-s-Workshop-Antiquities-HEAVY-Play-perhaps-damaged-01-zcxy
MTG 1x Mishra's Workshop (Antiquities) HEAVY Play (perhaps damaged)
MTG 1x Mishra's Workshop (Antiquities) HEAVY Play (perhaps damaged)
MTG 1x Mishra's Workshop (Antiquities) HEAVY Play (perhaps damaged)
MTG 1x Mishra's Workshop (Antiquities) HEAVY Play (perhaps damaged)
MTG 1x Mishra's Workshop (Antiquities) HEAVY Play (perhaps damaged)
MTG 1x Mishra's Workshop (Antiquities) HEAVY Play (perhaps damaged)
MTG 1x Mishra's Workshop (Antiquities) HEAVY Play (perhaps damaged)
MTG 1x Mishra's Workshop (Antiquities) HEAVY Play (perhaps damaged)
MTG 1x Mishra's Workshop (Antiquities) HEAVY Play (perhaps damaged)
MTG 1x Mishra's Workshop (Antiquities) HEAVY Play (perhaps damaged)

MTG 1x Mishra's Workshop (Antiquities) HEAVY Play (perhaps damaged)
I can offer a small discount too, which could add up to a much better deal! Okay, let’s get down to it. You already know what Mishra’s Workshop does and why it’s so good (but feel free contact me if you’re here but you don’t know). What you do want to know is whether this specific copy is real and playable. So, here are the juicy deets: Pros. I’ve gone to a lot of work to become comfortable enough to sell this. I had three local game stores check this card using jewelers’ loupes, blacklights, and whatnot, and I also ran it past Facebook’s counterfeit detection group, because apparently I’m extra paranoid. The conclusion every time was authentic but beat. Don’t mind that the magenta L doesn’t show up in the photo of the green dot; that’s due to overexposure, and can be seen by eye under magnification. As for its history, I’ve had this card for 5-10 years. Why is there a range? There’s a 75% chance I got this in 2008 from Wild Things Games or CardKingdom, reputable long-time game stores where I bought my first three’shops. The other 25% chance is a local game store in 2014. Text, set symbol, borders in solid black. CMYK dots in a proper rosette pattern. Green dot checks out. Magenta L visible by eye, though not in photo. Set symbol is the proper shape. Blacklight glow similar to other copies of the same card. Doesn’t horrifically fail the light test, given its condition. Feels about right for its poor condition when flexed across opposite corners. It is almost totally flat (better than many NM foils) and can’t be distinguished from other cards through an opaque sleeve. This card is BEAT. So close to “damaged” that the only reason I don’t consider it as such is because I can’t imagine having any problem playing it sleeved, even single-sleeved. Not only does it show lots of normal wear on the surfaces and edges (see pictures), but also (I assume) it has been exposed to humidity and sunlight, so the cardstock has weakened and the surface feels strange and grainy and possesses a very slight warp visible in glare (see angled pictures). It also possesses a crease visible across the middle of the front (but not the back) from where it failed a bend test as described below. Let me reiterate: this card is BEAT. It’s borderline damaged, depending on what your definition is. While it’s sleeve playable, I’m pretty sure it’s technically some form of water-damage that’s causing the minor rippling on the surface. This card will not pass the bend test because it is old and, as I mentioned, it is BEAT. I bend-tested it at least twice during my possession; it passed all but the last test, when it almost passed but gave up the ghost just after the edges touched. This was unfortunately before I learned that real cards can often fail the bend test when they’re in bad-enough shape. Facepalm It may still be able to touch corners, but I wouldn’t recommend doing it. Contact me if you need to see it. This card does raise an eyebrow on the light test, though everyone I’ve shown it to has given it a pass. It is dim, even more bluish than it should be, and inconsistently translucent, but this is typical of cards exposed to water, and I’ve been assured it’s nothing to really worry about. It’s like a half a millimeter shorter than other’shops I’ve checked. It’s either a miscut or, more likely, very slight shrinkage from exposure to water and sun. Super weird, but not distinguishable in a sleeve. There you go; that’s everything I know. I’ve been on the other side of that kind of thing – having received several dubious/fake cards especially Tabernacles for some reason! – and it’s always really frustrating and disappointing. DO NOT bend test or water test it; I don’t think the poor little guy can take any more of that kind of abuse. I hope this Workshop can find a loving new home. The item “MTG 1x Mishra’s Workshop (Antiquities) HEAVY Play (perhaps damaged)” is in sale since Saturday, June 8, 2019. This item is in the category “Toys & Hobbies\Collectible Card Games\Magic\ The Gathering\MTG Individual Cards”. The seller is “zetaaspect” and is located in Vancouver, Washington. This item can be shipped to United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech republic, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Estonia, Australia, Greece, Portugal, Cyprus, Slovenia, Japan, China, Sweden, South Korea, Indonesia, Taiwan, Thailand, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Bahamas, Israel, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, Switzerland, Norway, Saudi arabia, Ukraine, United arab emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Croatia, Malaysia, Colombia, Panama, Jamaica, Barbados, Bangladesh, Bermuda, Brunei darussalam, Bolivia, Egypt, French guiana, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Guadeloupe, Iceland, Jersey, Jordan, Cambodia, Cayman islands, Liechtenstein, Sri lanka, Luxembourg, Monaco, Macao, Martinique, Maldives, Nicaragua, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Reunion, Uruguay.
  • Set: Antiquities
  • Featured Cards: Mishras Workshop
  • Card Condition: Heavy Play
  • Color: Colorless
  • Card Type: Land
  • Language: English
  • Rarity: Rare

MTG 1x Mishra's Workshop (Antiquities) HEAVY Play (perhaps damaged)